Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Retro Halloween table runner

Without further ado, I give you the Retro Halloween table runner! This is one of my all-time favorite table runners! The pattern was so easy to follow, the fabrics make me giddy and it was done in one afternoon.

completely. done.

This guy was made with the intention of selling it in my etsy shop but once I finished it there was no way I could part with it.  I have to say, it looks pretty darn good on my table.  :)



I absolutely love the fabrics in it! I wish I could remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure the fabrics are from RJR fabrics.  I found the charm pack early last year (or the year before) and just had to have it.  Unfortunately I couldn't find any other fabrics to go with it that I really loved or a pattern that spoke to me, so it sat in my shelves full of fabric and eventually was forgotten.  I found a pattern on the Moda Bakeshop website and instantly loved it! It's called City Windows and was so easy to piece together.  The thing I loved most about it was that I didn't need a backing fabric! All I had to do was piece the front together and then use the leftover charm squares to piece into a back. 

Here's what I loved about this pattern.

1. it's free!!! you seriously can't beat that
2. it was so easy i pieced it, quilted it and bound it in one afternoon
3. i got to use my whole charm pack and had a ridiculously small amount of fabric leftover.
4. i have made many of these runners with different fabrics and i still love making them
5. it's reversible! how cool is that?!?

Okay, so tell me everybody, do you love this fabric as much as I do? I have seriously been waiting for about 2 months to put this out on the table. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing it! I sure couldn't wait to show it to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE IT!! I especially love how you used the left over charms for the back! So fantastic. Well done Steph!