Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Minecraft Quilt

I received a request recently to make a Mr. StampyCat Minecraft quilt for a customer's 12 year old daughter.  Not having ever played or even seen Minecraft I was a little hesitant at first.  How would I even know what it was supposed to look like? I did some quick research and realized it was a perfect opportunity for me.  I had been wanting to make a pixelated quilt for quite some time and this was the perfect chance.  A twin bed-sized quilt of Mr. StampyCat.  


Obviously I accepted.  It was such a fun process! I really enjoyed the idea of pixelated quilting.  I am already overwhelmed with ideas for making more pixelated quilts.  Super Mario Brothers, TMNT, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Firefly... and yes, I am a complete sci-fi nerd.  


All finished! I quilted it in straight horizontal lines to keep it loose and soft.  I also wanted the quilting to be understated and minimal so it didn't steal any attention from the quilt itself.  I'm very pleased with it.  I have quite a bit of extra fabric leftover and am actually contemplating making another one.  Not soon though.  I've got lots of other projects on my list first.


The back.  Isn't that bird fabric just gorgeous! I love it.  I wish I had a reason to buy some for myself.


I'll leave you with this.  All rolled up.  I do love rolled quilt photos.  I'll be back soon to post about the Halloween quilt I have in the works.

3 comments:

Curious Mom said...

Could you make a pillow like this? Gwen41539@BellSouth.net

Unknown said...

This is so perfect! You did an amazing job. How much would it cost to buy one...a twin size and someone else asked, could you make a sham for a pillow?

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if my message went through so I'm going to try to send again just in case it did not. I am wondering if you could make this in a twin size. Also, If you can make a sham or pillow case that would also be so great! Could you tell me how much it would cost? My son would absolutely LOVE this for his birthday:)