Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

New in the Shop

So I've been a busy little bee the last few days.  I finished the binding on this cutie this morning.  I love all the bright colors and fun prints in it.  I did a meandering loop quilting design on it with crayon brights thread.  I'm not sure that's the real name of the thread but it's King Tut.  I thought it fit perfectly with all the other bright colors in this quilt.  It would be perfect for a little boy but is also gender neutral.  It was a fun quilt to piece together and I'm so glad to have it finished! 





And here's a view with the backing fabric in it as well as (as promised in yesterdays post) the binding.  I love the backing fabric on this.  It reminds me of the early 90's muscle pants that boys were so fond of wearing.  My brother wore muscle pants all the time so there's a bit of nostalgia to this quilt for me.  :)


Does anyone else remember muscle pants? How about scrunchies and side ponytails? Lol! I hope I'm not dating myself too much. 

This super fun quilt is also for sale now in my shop

 I also finished this table topper this morning.  I LOVE this topper! The fabrics are out of print now and hard to find so I'm glad I had enough of the fabric lying around to finish this runner. 


 Isn't it great? You can purchase this in my shop now also.  


Okay... a few more pics just cause I love it so much!

Isn't the backing fabric great? I was so glad I still had a few yards of that left.  I love the spooky trees.  I have several more Halloween runners and mug rugs to finish binding but I ran out of solid black fabric.  Booo! (uhhh, no pun intended there.  Seriously! I did that completely unintentionally).

Maybe I'll post some pics later of the unbound runner and mug rugs... just cause I can't wait to share them!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Steph! I love the bright colors of that quilt. Its just so cheery :)
P.S. I just recently threw out all my scrunchies :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jamie! Oh, and uh, I still have a few scrunchies hiding in my drawers.

jakestar7 said...

Great job!! I like the one with the candle holder and the tree backing. So glad to see them posted! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks honey! Aiden picked out the candle holder. :)