Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Accomplished Day = Bindings Finished!

Well, I have managed to host my weekly sewing afternoon again successfully.  Normally my mom, mom-in-law and -now that she's finally moved to WA state- my best friend, sew once a week at my place while the boys wreak their usual havoc or torment Grampa and the dogs.  We have gotten off track with our weekly sewing ritual.  I think it was due in large part to the summer.  So much to do during the summer! Now that fall has arrived, and I'm just as busy as ever, I decided "What the hell?" and started up our weekly sewing ritual again. 

I have to say I feel very accomplished today, considering I had limited amounts of caffeine today (ie: dangerously low volumes) and little sleep last nite.  Add in 2 very energetic boys with TONS to say today (seriously... tons) and I am riding on this euphoric feeling of having accomplished so much more than I ever thought I would today.

I made 2 loaves of Pumpkin Bread (one plain and one with chocolate chips for the boys), chased the boys, watched and listened to an absolutely amazing thunder and lightning storm, and got binding picked out and mostly cut and sewn for many different projects.  The latter is the most rewarding part of my day.  Not even sipping my Almond Coffee Frappe and putting my feet up with nothing to do for a blissful 10 minutes beat that! Came pretty darn close though. 

So... tonite will be all about catching up on Sanctuary Season 3 via Netflix (I adore Netflix) and sewing on some bindings!  It's about darn time I finished up some of these projects.  It has been a ridiculously long amount of time some of them have been sitting around quilted, trimmed and waiting for binding. 

May I just ask: Does anyone else just HATE binding things? It is my absolute least favorite part of quilting.  Really I don't know why.  Binding is so peaceful and calming and requires no deep thinking or mathematics... Binding should be my absolute favorite part of making a quilt.  I guess binding is like your best friends cousin that visits every summer.  You really don't like her, even though she's nice and sweet and let's you pick out everything and never complains - not even once, but you have to play with her.  Yeah, bindings kinda like that. 

(throat clears).  So anyway... How is everyone else? I hope this has been a week of accomplishment for you all as well.  I will post pics of my quilts...and bindings... over the next few days as I complete them.  And I promise to play nice and let BFF's cousin play with us for awhile.  Maybe I'll even let her pick a game tonite.

No comments: