Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Unexpected Complications

The boys left early this morning with their grandparents to enjoy a day at the Seattle Zoo, so of course I was thinking "WooHoo! A whole day to myself to get some much needed sewing and quilting done!"  Not so. 

I started the day waving the kids goodbye and enjoying a second cup of coffee while I caught up on some TV drama.  Then I headed to the sewing room to start my day.  I got one block finished for a new baby quilt I had just started and then ... CLUNK ... my sewing machine died!!! ACK!!! This is NOT ALLOWED to happen today!!! How DARE my wonderful sewing machine, which has been soooo good to me (even though it's about a year overdue for a tune-up) should pick today, of all days, to finally die on me!!! It's just not fair I tell you. 

Well, after I got the shock and frustration out of my system, I decided to run some errands and drop off my machine for a tune-up on the way.  Once there, the lady tells me with a smile on her face, that they are leaving for a two week vacation and I might not get my machine back until they are home.  What?!? Seriously?  At this point, I just smile and say, "That sounds great!" In my head, I'm trying not to ring her neck.  I mean, really, it's not her fault that my machine had to die right before her vacation.  It's also not her fault that I waited so long to get my machine tuned up.  Sigh.  I guess that's the universes way of telling me I needed a break too.  Oh well. 

So... since I will not be able to show-off any new lovlies for awhile, the blogging world will probably remain silent for a while (at least my blogging world). 

Let's all have a moment of silence for my beloved Elsie.  (That's her name.  What? You don't name your sewing machines too?)

No comments: