Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So I've been super busy lately with creating.  I've managed to make 3 stuffed owls in the last two days.  Maybe that doesn't sound like much, but when you figure I've also been playing with the kids, cleaning the house, breaking up fights before they escalate to far, and trying to include the boys in the owl creating process with me... well, I think I've accomplished a lot. 

The owl project started as an experiment really.  I wanted to see how well I could do making a stuffed toy.  It was a really enjoyable process and when I showed it to Aiden the next morning he just fell in love with it and would not let it go.  Then I decided maybe I should make one for Odin's birthday a few weeks away but he ended up getting his yesterday since Aiden was carrying mine around and you absolutely can NOT give one child something without the other getting it as well.  So... Odin got his yesterday and then I had to make one that was truly Aiden's.  He helped me pick out all the colors for the wings and the eyes and said I could have mine back when his was done since mine was a "girl one anyway".  (It does have pink polka dot wings).

I'm really loving making these now.  They are so much fun to put together and the boys enjoy cramming the stuffing inside their little owl bodies, maybe a little too much, but that's okay with me.  It was so rewarding for me to make these little cuddly cuties and it just warmed my heart to see how much the boys enjoyed them.  Aiden snuggled his all day and told me at naptime, "Mommy, thanks for making these owls.  They're so soft and cute. " To which Odin then chimed in, "I sure really do love my owl friend mommy."  If there is anything cuter and more precious than a child with a full and active imagination, I haven't found it.

No comments: