Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So here are some pics of the completed placemats.  I've finished these two so far (and managed to get my sister-in-laws birthday gifts out the door yesterday) and am going to start working on two more placemats to go with this set.  Hopefully while the boys nap today I'll be able to get the other placemats at least pieced together and maybe start quilting them.  I am hopeful that they will be up for sale on etsy by Monday morning.  We shall see.  I feel I have been quite productive in the last few days.  I also have a few baby quilts to finish for gifts and several to list for sale over the next few weeks.  Phew!

Here are the pics!



In the making.  I am quite pleased with my quilting on these.  I just echoed a few times around the coffee square and then used some modern straight line quilting around the rest.  The borders are straight line quilted all the way around echoing out to the binding.  You can see the quilting better below.



Close up of the little coffee panel and quilting.  Yay for coffee!




Here's a view of the back.  Such cute fabric! My mother-in-law actually gave me these fabrics.  They were pieces leftover from the wall quilt she made for me and Jake when we were engaged.  I should list a pic of that quilt later today! It's a great quilt! 



And the two finished mats! I just love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing something handmade.  Especially something that holds so much meaning.  The coffee theme does that for me (especially with these fabrics).

For those that might not know, working in a coffee shop in Alaska was how my husband and I met.  :)


Odin came in from outside while I was quilting these and said, "Can I have a picture too please?" And really, how can you resist that face?

Haha! He's standing right next to me while I'm typing this now and he just said, "Hey! That's me! I'm pretty handsome!" 

and he is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore these place mats! I'm extremely caffeine dependent. I wonder if I should be going to some meetings or something. Ya know, coffee addicts anonymous.