Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sorry for my absence lately.  Me and the boys have all been sick for going on two weeks now.  Of course they decided to get the sniffles just days before Jake left for work.  And of course the day of his departure they woke up with a full-blown cold and of course the next day I was sick as well.  Isn't that how it goes?

So... what's been going on with us lately (other than being sick)? I have completed two more baby quilt tops and am currently working on a secret Birthday present for my sister-in-law, Becky.  It has to remain a secret until she opens it because she reads my blog! I will soon post some pictures though.  I'm also working on a set of coffee-themed placemats which will be available for sale in my shop soon.  I will post some pics of those later this afternoon.  I also have two little babies soon-to-be-born (both in June) that I need to finish some things for. 

The boys and I have been spending a lot of time playing together lately and it has been so nice! We have turned off the TV, put away the video games, and just played.  It's so much more fun than sitting in front of the TV!  I've found that not only does it benefit all of us, but it allows me to get a break from work and projects and bills and relax.  It's so inspiring to listen to my kids and watch them play and really see how their little brains are developing and how each one of them has such a different take on things.  I found them both the other day inside their bedroom closet with the door closed and light on snuggling together in some quilts I'd made them and telling each other stories.  It warmed my heart! There was a bookcase full of books behind them but instead, they were using their imaginations and creating a story together.  I would never have known they were in the closet if it weren't for the fits of giggles the story was creating. 

We have also been going outside at least once a day, rain or shine.  It's nice to get outside, even for just 10 minutes and enjoy the fresh air.  We have been blowing bubbles and discovering bugs and last week they helped me plant half of the vegetable garden.  When we were done Aiden stepped back and said, "Wow mommy! Look at all that salad for us!" 

More to come later...

No comments: