Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope your day is off to as great a start as mine.  I woke early for the first time in awhile this morning.  Normally I wake around 5 am and get my coffee going and enjoy a few hours of quiet creating and email answering before the Whirlwind Double Trouble awakens.  Lately though, I've been going to bed much too late and awaking much too late (630 am is quite late around this house-unless your name is Jake. Love you honey!).

So, this morning, I woke about 545 - a perfectly respectable time in my opinion - and went about my morning routine. 

1. Stare blankly into the mirror for no less than 45 seconds.
2. Walk in half-sleep down the hall to start coffee.
3. Enter shower and begin to feel a little more human.
4. Get dressed, brush teeth, etc.
5. Walk back down hall to retrieve coffee which is now at the optimal 120*.
6. Hold the coffee cup reverently in my hands for a few moments, basking in its healing properties.
7. Take a sip and smile.  The world has suddenly come alive! Now I can hear birds singing outside the kitchen window, the sun begins to shine, I skip around the house singing Walt Disney worthy tunes and clean up laundry and dishes with the wave of my magical fingers, all without spilling a drop of coffee.  8. Then I enter the sewing room, whip out my magical rotary cutter wand and with a mischievous twinkle in my eye, begin to hack up a whole village full of perfectly innocent fabric. All in the name of progress, of course.  Bwahahaha!  

Well, I never said I was the good witch!

Hope your morning is going just as fabulously as mine is! ;)

No comments: