Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm Back!

Yes, it's been awhile.  A long while.  But I'm back feeling refreshed and I have so much to share with you! So... since there's a lot of photos to share and I'm sure you'd rather see the pics than listen to me drone on about them, here you go! (Just be aware that the pic quality may not be the best on all of them as I could not get the lighting right.  I figured it's better to share what I have then keep waiting for "perfect" pictures.

And since they are all for sale in my etsy shop now, I'll just share the link to my store home here instead of giving a listing after each quilt as I usually do.


This one is a favorite of mine.  It was my first attempt at doing an improv style block and I love it!  It's a mix of some modern Log Cabin blocks and a few truly improv pieced blocks.

The quilting is all in slightly wavy straight lines.  I haven't done a quilt with this style quilting pattern before and decided to try it out.  Boy do I love it! Not only is it pretty easy, but it just looks so great with certain quilts.  You'll be seeing a lot of this quilting in the future I'm sure.

I love the fabrics.  This quilt could easily go for a boy or girl.  It would also make a very nice wall hanging I think.

Here's the pieced back.  I thought for sure I would use up all this fabric I have, but nope, several quilt tops and mug rugs later and I've still got some left.  It's a Denyse Schmidt fabric collection, can't recall the name right now though.  

And this one... this guy was fun.  I used long strips left from cutting out pieces to another quilt and then pieced in a few  small stragglers I couldn't bare to part with.


This one is small.  It would be a great size for a stroller or car seat.  

Nicey Jane fabric collection.  I used up almost all my fabric from this line putting together the patchwork squares and then...

I pretty much finished off these two pieces for the back.  I'm sad to see this fabric all gone.  I really like it.

I have some better pics of this quilt, which I'll try to find soon.  Jungle Bungle it's called.  
 

This quilt... oh, this quilt.  I adore this quilt.  I am so, so sorry I didn't make it bigger.  I so very much want to keep it for myself but it's just enough too small for me to snuggle in that I don't know if I can keep it.  I like it so much I even contemplated hanging it on my wall somewhere, or saving it for the new house when I get my own studio.  It'd look great on the wall in there.  I figure if I still can't get enough of it by Christmas, then I'll keep it.

Don't you love all the color? I used nothing but my scraps for this quilt.  It felt so amazing to use up all these small pieces of fabric left from other projects.  I only wish I had been able to tell I'd used my scraps afterwards, but it somehow looks like my scraps grew after I finished this quilt.  I know, it sounds crazy to me too.

See? Even the back is pieced together with leftover fabrics.  And the color is really off in this picture.  In reality, the large piece of fabric on the left is mostly purple and the bottom left is a soft buttery yellow.  


More scrap basket quilts.  I've been having fun making these quilts.  

Here's a better view of the whole quilt.  

And this quilt actually started out to be the backing to another scrap quilt, but I loved it so much I couldn't hide it on the back of another quilt so I added a few more fabrics to make it a bit larger and then pieced something else together for the back.  It's not my favorite quilt ever, but it's growing on me.  

This quilt top has actually been finished for longer than I care to admit but I finally pulled it out and quilted and bound it.  I had fun finishing this one.  Compared to everything else I've been doing lately the colors were so soft and muted.  It was a nice change.

and the pieced back.

I made a toddler size and adult size quilt with these fabrics and still have way too much of it leftover.  

Even after using large pieces of it for both the backs and not saving the small scraps (I still can't believe I threw out scraps!).

I also made up a little collection of mug rugs with the smaller pieces I did have on hand already.  These guys are so cute! I love the nice spring feel to them.

Halloween mug rugs!!! Now these were fun.  All of them are log cabin style blocks.  I used up way less Halloween fabric than I was hoping to, but oh well.  There's probably close to 20 of these I made.  

And they all have the same black cat fabric on the backs of them.  Now that piece of fabric, I think I may have finished off.  There was a lot of it.

Spooky Eyes mug rug

This is my favorite Spooky Eyes mug rug.  I think if it doesn't sell, I'll end up keeping it for myself.  I made about 4 of the Spooky Eyes mug rugs.


So, there you have it! This is (most of) what I've been working on over the last few months in between vacations, helping my brother move to Portland, OR and homeschooling.  I do still have a few things that are in the works currently and will be showing those to you soon.  I'll try to spread them out over a few weeks and not assault you with them all as I just did here.  :)

I should thank my wonderful husband for holding all these quilts up so I could actually get them photoed.  I asked him if he would mind holding up a few quilts for me so I could photo them.  He said sure even though he was getting ready to leave for a motorcycle ride.  And when I asked him to help me carry all the quilts out he said, "Just how many quilts do you have?"  I assured him it was just a few and stacked about 15 quilts into his arms with my best I love you soooo much face.  He was a great sport.  Holding them all and waiting while I got everything just right.  Then holding them again when I changed my mind.  Even when his dad was pacing the yard with motorcycle gear on he still didn't say anything and even helped me fold them all back up and put them away for me.  He's a great guy.  I think I'm gonna keep him.


2 comments:

Sanz said...

Good grief! How do you have time for all of this! You are amazing. I am totally envious. I would love for my boys to have a quilt like you make!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm really not sure where I find the time myself. I don't sleep a lot. That's probably it. Ha!