Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wishing you all a Peaceful Holiday



Here is a quilt I just finished a few weeks ago for a customer.  She is having a baby boy soon and I was so excited to work on this quilt for her.  For one, I am a little partial to little boys.  Even with dirt on their hands, rocks, bugs and other treasures in their pockets.  I just love them! Oh, and their sticky little kisses! I love their kisses and hugs the best.  And the giggles and belly laughs.  Okay... I love everything about little boys I guess.  Back to the quilt!


The nursery is going to be done in a vintage fishing theme.  Her husband collects vintage fishing rods, reels, etc so she wanted something that would fit with a vintage/woodsy feel.  I think the fabrics she chose are wonderful and the quilt is so beautiful (handsome?).  I was really kicking myself for not getting some better pictures of it before I shipped it out, but I was so excited to get this in the mail to her. 


I hope they treasure this quilt.  I had so much fun making it for her and her little boy.

Does anyone else find quilting/sewing to be relaxing? I find if I make time to sew something (anything!) each day, I'm much calmer and more focused on what's happening in my life.  I have more patience with my family, eat better and smile more.  I feel fulfilled I guess is what it is.  Taking time for yourself is important. 

I hope everyone has a chance to enjoy their creating this season.  It can get so busy and hectic that we often lose sight of the reason we are making these things.  Take a few moments to focus on the people you hold dearest and closest to your heart and remember why you pick up your needle and thread.  If you can't find a single nice thought about someone, maybe you better put down the needle and thread until you can (or just find someone else to make it for).  You can always give them a gift card!


 We are in full-fledged holiday spirit in this house currently.  They boys ask daily (hourly, minutely even) if it's time for Santa to come.  They are excited about the toys, the guests who will come over and celebrate with us, the decorations, the music and the magic of it all. 

It is really a magical and wonderful time of the year.  I hope in the midst of all the buying, baking, making and doing you find some time to sit down with a cup of warm cocoa and a few cookies and just enjoy the peaceful season and time with loved ones. 

Wishing you all a holiday filled with light, love and peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! I hope you and yours had an amazing holiday together.