Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Preparation

We have been super busy around here lately.  I don't even think we've had one day since Jake got home on Dec. 7th that we haven't had something to do.   Jake and the boys picked out a Christmas tree a few weeks ago and I was just so busy I forgot to blog about it.  So, here it is! Our family Christmas tree.  It's my most favorite tree ever.

 We made pipe cleaner candy canes with the kids one nite and then put them all over the tree.  The yellow plastic chain link garland is one of my favorites though.
And here's a close-up of my tree skirt and the train.  The tree skirt was made for me by my mother-in-law last year.  One day I mentioned to her that I needed a tree skirt.  A few nites later me and the hubs went out on a date.  I came home to this skirt under the tree. 

I love it! It matches the table runners and decor I have for the rest of my Christmas festivities.  Like this runner which is also for sale in my etsy shop

I also finished this adorable snack mat a few days ago.  I am totally in love with snowmen and this fabric by Riley Blake just makes me smile.  The red and green border and binding fabrics are from another designer.  I'm unfortunately not sure who made them as they were in a Christmas scrap bag I purchased eons ago.  


I'm calling it Snow Buddies.  And it's all mine.  The boys have been asking if they can use it and play with it and put their cocoa on it.  My answer is, "Nope.  This is all mommy's."  I suppose I should be a nice mommy and make them something super cool too.  I think I could handle that.

What have you been up to lately? I'd say it's a really busy time of year for us, but really, all year is busy for us.  The summer is full of picnics, barbeque's, days at the beach, swimming and staying outside until the last possible moment.  And lots of gardening and canning.  Spring is busy with planting of garden and flowers.  Preparing for warmer weather when rain coats aren't necessary.  Fall is busy as well with canning and preserving of the last of the gardens bounty and preparing yard and home for colder weather.  It's also a busy time for us as we get ready for Harvest and Thanksgiving. 

Is the Winter season busier than usual for you all? Or is it just a different kind of busy like it is for us?

I just finished sending out all the boxes of goodies for family Christmas gifts.  I'd love to tell you what we included this year but some of the people who are receiving boxes read this blog, so it'll have to be a surprise for awhile yet.  However you spend this Christmas season, I wish you peace and lots of cookies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is absolutely lovely! I love the holidays and winter, for that matter. I don't do much of anything except hang out with the kids and bond with my sewing machine! I can go days and never leave the house. Which is a great change from the rest of the year. We have a large veggie garden too and it's always work, work, work, then swim, then work, work, work :)

Mountainjoy said...

Love those Christmas goodies. The snack mats are adorable. Just finished a work quilt and am going to reward myself with a snow-shoeing session with Sid and Bo. I've been trying to send snow your way. Merry Christmas! Love -B

Mountainjoy said...

Love the Christmas goodies and the snack mats are adorable! Just finished a quilt myself and am going to go play in all this snow we've got! Wish I could send you some.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Becky