Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!

Yes everyone, it's my birthday today! Birthdays are a big deal around this house.  The birthday person (that's me today!) gets to make all the decisions about food for the day (Yay!) and generally have a relaxing day where they are completely spoiled.  Yesterday I picked Jake up from the airport and he took me to dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory, one of my favorite places and dessert at Cheesecake Factory, definately one of my favorite places.  So... I've spent the morning drinking more coffee than I should and eating the better part of two slices of cheesecake! The boys are off shopping with the grandparents and Jake is banging away in the kitchen making my awesome birthday cake!!! Black russian chocolate cake with vodka and kahlua and hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries on top.  OMgosh! It is soooo decadent and made completely from scratch.  And yes ladies, he's taken! My thighs are screaming at me today but I told them where to stick it.  Today is my day and I'm enjoying it.  :)

So, since I have some quiet time I decided to sew and blast some music.  It's a nice treat.  I'll post some pics later of the project I'm working on.  Right now I want to get going while the goings good (and quiet).

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday!! You have got to post the recipe for that cake. It sounds amazing!!!