Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

A tender moment, shared

I just have to say I have the most amazing children.  I love that I can stay home and be with them all day.  I get to watch them grow and discover themselves and the world around them.  They are the most fascinating little people and amaze me every single day.

Just this morning Aiden, my oldest at almost-five-years-old, was sitting on the kitchen counter swinging his legs and watching me wash some dishes.  "Mommy," he says, "Can I tell you a truth?"

"I wish you would," I replied.
"It's really important," he says. "Are you ready to hear it?" He looks very serious so I stop and look at him, my mind racing with all the terrible things he could be about to confide to me.  Telling myself to keep calm, no matter what he says, since he is trying to be truthful and do the right thing, I said, "I'm ready Aiden.  What would you like to tell me?"

He smiles at me and says, "Mommy, my truth is this: I love you so much that sometimes, my whole body aches!"

Well of course, with wet eyes,  I hugged him and kissed him and told him he was the most wonderful and sweet little boy and I loved him just as much! 

I mean really... really people, does it ever get any better than this? Is there anything in this vast unexplored universe that could ever be better than this? Ever come close to the feelings that being a parent give you?

As Aiden would say, "The answer is... No!"

No comments: