Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Heart Melting Moments

Well I was going to post some pic's of the three baby quilt tops I completed yesterday but my camera is not cooperating currently (grrr).  Hopefully later I will be able to get the pic's up and we can ohh and ahh together!

On another note, Aiden, my 4 yr old, was holding my hand while watching cartoons this morning and started playing with my wedding ring.  He says, "Mommy, what is that thing on your finger?"  I explained what it was and that daddy had given it to me when we were getting married.  He says, "Why'd he do that?" and shrugs his shoulders.  "Well," I said, "When a boy and girl decide they love each other so much they want to get married and start their own family, the boy usually gives the girl a ring like this and then they get married." I could tell he was contemplating this so I said, "One day, when you grow up like daddy, you'll meet a girl you really love and you'll give her a ring like this and get married."  He started crying and hugged my arm and says, "I'm never getting married! I don't want to find a girl and be in love!" When I asked him why he didn't want to find a special girl he says with little tears in his eyes, "Because you're already my girl and I don't want to find another one.  Can't I just keep you forever?"

That just melted my heart! Children have such a sweet, innocent way of looking at the world.  I wish they never had to grow up and lose that.

No comments: