Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mug Rugs

I managed to find some time one afternoon to sit down and whip up a bunch of these mug rugs.  I had all these little 2.5" squares I had received a while back from Moda and hadn't been inspired yet to make something with them.  I was feeling quite energetic one afternoon last week and wanted to make something so I thought what would be better than some mug rugs.


This one is a Moda fabric but for the life of me I can't remember what collection it's from.  It makes me think of a log cabin and sitting out on the porch looking out over the lake.


These bright pinks and yellows are from the Verna collection.  I had some of these guys leftover from a quilt I made for a friend a few years ago.  Hmmm... maybe a birthday present for her? 




I think these last three are my favorite.  The fabric is Whimsy and I used up every last piece I had for these three guys.  The binding is from Hunky Dory.  I thought it went really well with the soft vintage-like feel of the patchwork squares.  I used a piece of cream with a small print on it that was from my larger scraps and was able to use up almost all of that fabric.

I also managed to get a couple of these done with some tiny scraps I had laying around next to the sewing machine.  I just love them!




All of these are available for purchase in the shop.  

No comments: