Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rainbow Baby Quilt

Here is the first quilt in a new collection I'm trying out called Rainbow Baby Quilts.

I just love the bright colors of this quilt contrasted with the Kona grey (forgive me, I'm not sure which grey it is).  And the quilting I did makes me happy.  I love how the straight(ish) lines on the side borders look.  For the center of the quilt I did a loose meander to keep the quilt soft and snuggly.

I used up a lot of my yellow scraps for this quilt and still it doesn't look like I've touched them! I was hoping to make a dent.  Anyway, this quilt was so much fun to make.  I enjoyed the whole process so much I thought I'd make a bunch more in all the different color ways.  Then I thought, might as well give them all a name, so Rainbow Baby Quilts was born.

This one is listed for sale now in my shop under Baby Quilts.  I hope to have more of them in a bunch of different color ways listed soon.  I'm starting to piece together a purple version today and will probably (hopefully) if time allows, get a blue version done tomorrow.  

Here's the back.  I was so excited to use up these pieces of fabric for the backing.  I've had them sitting in my stash for quite awhile and have not known what to do with them, even though I loved the print.  They are from a collection by Connecting Threads and unfortunately, it's out of print now.  :(
Don't forget today is the last day for the 40% off sale in the shop! Please remember, the sale applies to fabric only and not finished goods.  I'll have a new sale starting Monday for everything in the shop - yep, even the quilts!  

I'll see you back tomorrow for more Rainbow Quilts and a new sale code!



No comments: