Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Herringbone Tutorial Link

Just a quick drop-in note to say I am still alive, still sewing and very busy right now!

I have been working on a few custom baby quilt orders and planning out the design for 2 matching twin quilts that will have the honor of keeping my little guys snuggly warm at night.  I'll post some pics of the quilts as they come along.  I'm starting them today.

In the meantime, here's two links to some great tutorials that I happened upon this morning for a Herringbone Block.  I am definitely going to have to try making one of these quilts.




The link to this block can be found here.  I have never been to this blog before but the tutorial is very nicely written and lots of pictures to follow along with.  This will end up making a 12.5" square when finished and is a great way to use up scraps or a jelly roll.


Here is a link to the second blog, Stitched in Color.  This block finishes to 11.5"x 22.5".  A great blog to check out by the way.  She has so many beautiful quilts and tutorials to check out.

Please let me know if you end up making one of these quilts and which tutorial you used.  I'm hoping to have the time soon to make one myself.  First, I have to finish my customer orders and the boys twin bed quilts.  I'll be back next week to post some pics of the progress on those quilts.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: