Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sandals & Strawberries Galore!

After a morning of searching Target for some sandals for Aiden (we found some!) I decided to stop by the Spooner Farms strawberry stand here in Olympia for some fresh strawberries.  I tried to capture the deep, vivid red of these perfectly ripe beauties, but sometimes technology just can't cut it.  Even after trying to doctor the pictures in iphoto, it still doesn't represent these berries accurately.  Oh well, they sure are good though!

The boys sat outside in the gorgeous sunshine eating some while I put groceries away and nibbled on my own little bowl of strawberries.  I'm thinking I'll have to do something with these soon since I don't want them to go to waste and I purchased several pounds of them.  I can see some Strawberry Buttermilk Cake in the near future.   Of course there will be Strawberry jam also, and strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.  I also have a Strawberry Bread recipe that I promised the boys I would try.  Anyone have any good strawberry recipes to share? I'd love to try them out!

No comments: