Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jams, Syrups and Jellys, oh my!

Well, I have been a busy little bee lately, let me tell you! I have managed to make 7 jars of Strawberry Rhubarb syrup, 7 jars of Strawberry Rhubarb jam and 8 jars of Raspberry jam.  Phew! I also made 2 Strawberry Lemon Buttermilk cakes and 2 Lemon Raspberry Buttermilk cakes the other day.  The intent was to make some more of them and freeze some for later, but after sampling one cake and nearly finishing it myself in one evening, I decided to quickly give the rest away!  I will say though, the Lemon Strawberry cake with the Strawberry Rhubarb syrup and whipped cream... oh just kill me now! Soooo good.

I'll try to post the recipe on here sometime this week for you all.  I absolutely love this cake!  It is just divine!

So after all the berry picking and squishing and jamming etc, I have finally  gotten back my creative inspiration.  I have been working on making scrappy modern log cabin blocks the last few days as time allows.  I really love this block.  It's so easy to make using up scraps of fabric or strips of yardage and it makes me think of all the other quilters before me that have been making Log Cabin Blocks for generations.  Well it's time to make sure all the jam sealed.  I'll post some pics of my Scrappy Log Cabins later.

No comments: