Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Bit of Sewing


So I finally managed to get some sewing done in between being a mom to 3 young ones.  Both the older boys were occupied one afternoon and little Ronan was taking a wonderfully long nap so I decided to sneak over to my sewing machine.  I spent the better part of an hour sewing a few of these blocks together with all my gorgeous little 2.5" scraps.  I was unsure what to make them into... A quilt would be gorgeous with all this bright happiness, but a table runner could be nice too... then my sister-in-law (who isn't even a quilter) mentioned what a nice pillow cover a block would make.  Well duh! Why didn't I think of that?!?  So... I think a few pillow covers and maybe a table runner will be in my near future.  I'm just loving all this bright scrappiness!


Just a few other glimpses of what's going on around here.  My husband surprised me by bringing this beautiful hydrangea plant home to me.  I love these trees and this color was so perfect.  We will plant it in a pot for now and transplant it into the ground once we are moved into the new house (which is hopefully going to be built this fall).


A few samplings from the garden one day.  Some incredibly sweet little tomatoes, basil, spearmint and apple mint.  The tomatoes were gone soon after the photo was taken and the herbs are all drying now - along with many other bundles I've managed to cut, wash and dry.


And how could I not end a post with this sweet face? He is such a joy.  So very loved by all of us.  Doted on by his big brothers.  While I may not be getting much sewing done lately I am enjoying my quiet times with his guy so very much.  Sewing and fabric will always be there.  This little face will not.

No comments: