Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blogging Break

Yes, I took a bit of a blogging break.  I also took a quilting break.  Not intentional.  A lot of things happened in the last few weeks.

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend moved into their new house and we spent the better part of three weeks helping them pack, unpack, move, clean, paint and whatever else needed doing.  During that same time my dad went in to the hospital for a routine day surgery.  Things looked to be going well and then were not, quite suddenly.  Without going in to much detail he has been in the hospital for a few weeks now.  Should be going home this week hopefully.  It was an exhausting and scary time.  I've also been dealing with some of my own personal health issues.  So... I've been spending my days helping family move, running to and from the hospital and sleeping their some nights, visiting with dr.'s, trying to spend some time with my children and husband (the latter of which came home from weeks away at work right in the middle of all this) and generally just trying my hardest to stay above water.  I'm tired, exhausted really.  Both physically and emotionally.  I've had no time to sew or quilt or even think about my fabric for awhile.

Hopefully that will change.  Jake's brother in moved in to his new place and they are set (for now at least) and my dad is on the mend.  This weekend will be filled with helping my best friend Becky and her family move into their new place.  After that, I will definitely be taking some time for myself to sew, quilt, knit, whatever I feel like doing.  Just some time to be alone with my quilting and fabric will be so wonderful.

Hope you are all having a wonderful and productive week.  I will be back to the normal swing of things soon!

No comments: