Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another Project Finished

So, do you remember me talking about how I finished this hat for Odin awhile back? 



And how I was going to make a sweater for him with the same yarn? Well... I did. 



 I just finished it up late last week and am so proud of it! It's the first sweater I've ever knit before and I think it turned out really nicely.  Odin loves it.  He ran around with it on telling everyone, "Look at my newly made sweater!" And yes, he does have a black eye.  I just know someone is going to ask.  He had a bit of a run-in (literally) with a toy.  

Since I had so much fun knitting this sweater for him and since Aiden respectfully declined a sweater for himself (at least until his sweater from Christmas doesn't fit anymore) I decided to start knitting myself a sweater.  I found the most beautiful and soft purple yarn ever.  I'm loving knitting it.  It's just so soft to touch.

I've made it a long way in the last few days.  If I have enough free time in the evenings I'll hopefully finish it before Jake gets home in a few weeks.  That's my goal anyway.  I do have a lot of quilts and mug rugs to finish up and list in the shop too though, and that's Priority #1 for now.

I finished this quilt up almost 2 weeks ago now and have yet to list it.  

Don't you love how bright it is?

Back with extra blocks and strips pieced in.

This quilt is seriously gorgeous.  The fabric is  It's a Hoot by Momo.  It's still one of my favorite fabrics.  So bright and colorful and the different prints and designs are wonderful.  I need to try to find more of it before it's impossible to get.

I used my little flower bud design for the quilting again.  I love that design. 

I really wanted to finish Odin's sweater before I listed this and then I just had to start this sweater for myself.  I mean the yarn was so beautiful! Walking by it over and over again all day long for several days and my willpower to wait until I caught up on my WIP's caved.  So, even though I'm still working on this new sweater for myself, I have vowed I will get at least 5 things listed by April 5.  Big vow, but I think I can do it. 

Well, I'm off to knit my sweater... uhhh, finish a quilt I mean... no, knit.  Maybe if I just knit for a few hours or 8 I'll get it out of my system for a few days.  Maybe...


No comments: